Golden West Broadcasting
Closing Date - December 4, 2023
Posted 3 months ago
Minimum English Level
Golden West Broadcasting has been connecting communities for over 65 years. We are proud to tell local stories on our radio stations and digital news outlets across Western Canada. And together with Homefield, we are proud to help local businesses grow through effective advertising, marketing, and organizational development solutions. We are committed to finding and developing people who share our passion for local communities.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will help local businesses grow through effective radio and online advertising campaigns. This role includes prospecting for new business, managing existing client relationships, and consulting with businesses to uncover ways Golden West can help them reach their goals.
In this role, you will:
- Identify potential business opportunities. You will develop new client relationships and look for opportunities to offer additional services to existing clients.
- Conduct Discovery Meetings to learn about the needs and goals of local businesses.
- Present radio and online plans aligned to your clients’ needs. Coordinate fulfillment of your clients’ orders through our administrative and creative teams.
- Manage existing client relationships, including presenting progress reports to ensure advertising and marketing campaigns reach their desired objective Utilize CRM tools to forecast your sales progress.
We’d love to meet you if:
- You are driven by success and hungry to learn about ways to grow local businesses.
- You are growth-oriented and proactive, always looking for new opportunities.
- You are a team player, able to work with others to support your clients’ goals.
- You enjoy meeting new people, creating relationships wherever you go.
- You are tech savvy. Knowledge of PowerPoint, Teams, and CRM tools is a strong asset.
- Experience in sales or customer service is an asset.
What We Offer in Return:
- We act with integrity, innovation, and agility – and we strive to create an environment where you can do the same.
- A strong focus on giving back to our communities.
- Regular coaching and ongoing development opportunities, including a career mapping program.
- A caring environment where the health, safety, and well-being of our current and future team members is a priority.
- Salary plus extended health benefits, pension plan, and Employee Assistance Plan.
- Three weeks’ paid vacation and ten paid sick days per year, with vacation increases based on tenure… and your birthday off!
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. Golden West is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
If you’re interested in building a career with us, reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org.