Summer Student – SWIS Assistant
Eastman Immigrant Services
Steinbach and area, MB
Closing Date - May 27, 2023
Posted 4 weeks ago
Minimum English Level
Able to communicate in English
Eastman Immigrant Services is a non-profit organization serving immigrants in South East Manitoba. We are hiring a student to fill a 6-week position as an Assistant SWIS Worker.
Canada Summer Jobs Position Criteria:
- Between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
This person will be responsible for assisting the SWIS team with organizing, planning, attending and supervising at events, entering data, communicating with students and their families, and building relationships with students.
- Satisfactory Police Record Checks including Child Abuse Registry
- Immigrant to Canada
- Good English communication skills
- Willing to learn with a positive attitude
- Enjoys working with students ages 5 – 17
- Well organized
- Computer literate
- Able to work Monday to Thursday (occasional Friday or Saturday for events), 4 days per week,7.5 hours/day from July 3 to August 11, 2023
Rate of pay: $14.15 per hour for 30 hours a week
Employment dates: July 3 – August 11, 2023
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Disability and other reasonable accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: May 27, 2023 or until the position is filled.